Friday, February 8, 2013

MPG game.

On January 27th, I purchased an used 2005 Civic Hybrid.
One thing I like about this car is that it has lots of meters in the instrumental panel.
There are a MPG for a current travel and current instantenous MPG are displayed.in digital format.
At first I liked it.
While driving, I'm in "playing a game" mode.
I'm trying to improve and maximize the MPG displayed in the panel.
I'm getting more sensitive when pushing pedals.
Should I brake really gently? Will it increase the amount of battery recharging?
It's a great pleasure to attain the MPG value higher than the value it is advertised.

But soon after I realized that this really distracts me.
My eyes are too frequent to look at the digital numbers keep changing.
I guess I shouldn't play this game too much. Instead, I should focus on road.



1 comment:

  1. Yes, please focus on the road and your surroundings. Safety for everyone is far more important than MPG.

    ReplyDelete