Monday, September 5, 2011

More Check Points II

During this summer, I practice playing piano.
I'm just a beginner, but that's good for experiencing problem solving application.

At first, I just try to follow the sequence and length of tones.
But as I get better, I find points that needs improvement.

1. How hard or how fast to hit each piano key.
2. Position of hand. It took me a while to notice that the piano key is not arranged linearly, but it is arranged on a plane. I mean there is some freedom to move my hands vertically.
3. How much exeggeration is required for "forte","piano","crescendo" ,"decrescendo"...
4. How to play each chord for better sounding. Should I push them simultaneously or at a slight time difference.

I think if I keep practicing, I will find more check points of my own.


By the way, I learned the idea of checklists when I was reading about baseball articles one on Cliff Lee and another on Ichiro Suzuki.  Both of them does tremendous amount of preparation and they have large number of checklists for their motion (pitching and batting.) Before reading these, I didn't have such concepts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment