Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Knowledge Without Action

I received a spreadsheet file with small tables with students name.
This file was distributed to teachers, not only me.
All tables were in the same format.
Well I just need one of these tables to print out.

I noticed that the table was not sorted by names.
It was sorted by one of other columns which was not desired by teachers.
So what I did is resort the table by names, and printed out what I want.

...So what's this talk all about???
After a short while, a little trouble happend.
The tables were printed out and distributed for some other purpose.
Then someone found out that tables weren't sorted correctly, and the person who prepared them had to collected them and prepare resorted tables.
I inwardly felt sorry for all involved, especially the one who made the table.
If I notified my awareness beforehand, this trouble was prevented.
But I didn't do so.  I couldn't think the simple fact that the tables was not only for me but also for many others.

Although my mistake was due to my unawareness of thinking about others,
I would keep in my mind that knowledge without action is a vile act.



1 comment:

  1. The key, I think, is consideration for others. Some knowledge may prompt us to quick action but only to hurt others. Not all non-action is vile, I think.

    ReplyDelete