Wednesday, November 21, 2012

At the Verizon's Customer Service (Analysis)

(Continue from previous post.)
Why he was successful?

1. I didn't have to wait as long as I expected when I called. Actually it was surprising quick.
    I expect a long waiting time before I can connect to any human helper.
    I guess this less waiting time alleviate my frustration level.

2. He listen to what I wanted to tell sincerely.
    Sincerely!? How can I know without seeing him? Am I sure??
    I don't know. But he stayed quiet while I was speaking, and he responded back quickly after I finish. So I feel comfortable.

3. He gave me several (fortunately not many) options I can choose from for my solution.
    He didn't force me to do anything. He knew very well about my (and any humans') tendency to be repulsive when I was forced. 

4. His stance remained as a humble and gentle assistant  throughout the whole conversation. 
    So I felt he is trustworthy.


Currently I'm a mere high school teacher. But this job includes customer service side.
So whatever skill he used, I should acquire and be able to apply.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a real professional. Humble and attentive and offers options to meet the customer's needs and remains positive and pleasant throughout? Wow! How can I learn to be like that???? Customer service is one of the most tough and difficult position. They represent the company as well. Wonder how many poeple truly understand that...

    ReplyDelete