Sunday, November 25, 2012

ABA form (Plan)

Music has some type of forms such as ABA or ABAB.

I would like to introduce these kind of form into my math lecture.

With some twist on second A (repetitive part), students can review the material at the beginning of the class yet they will hear something slightly different (I would say more challenging).
That will  reinforce important part by repeating, and at the same time, they will learn it more deeply with slightly twisted problems.

Introduce something new (A)

Do something different (B)

Back to A with some modification. (A)

I think this form will be better than form ABC or ABCD to keep students' attention.


1 comment:

  1. Very interesting and I think valid point. Have you tried your new method yet? Would like to hear how it goes.

    ReplyDelete