Thursday, November 22, 2012

Talking to the Cashier

"Hi, It's getting cold lately. I started using heater at home....so my home is really dry now and I feel thirsty." I only purchased drinks this day. milk, water, juice, and ice-cream...

 "Oh my...I'm sorry for not spending enough money to earn even one stamp! I will do better next time" At this store customers can earn 1 stamp for each $10.00 of purchase and 100 stamps is equivalent to some amount of a gift card. On this day, My total was about $8.00


Recently I tried to chat with a cashier person when I purchase food and drink (and icecreams.)
The above two are examles from my most recently shoppings.
Various reasons to do this....

1. I feel more comfortable with greeting. I used to feel more comfortable staying silent...
   What a change!!! Oh Well...

2. I would like to make cashier person happy with quick wit words. You know they probably are having a bored time for monotonous work.  I was once being a cashier. I guess that's why I feel this way.  I just hope I don't bother them.

3. Also this is a great opportunity to train myself to come up with wit words...without hurting myself.

4. I'm trying to practice speaking English more. If possible, I would like to use words I recently learned.


1 comment: